Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Knee Deep

Ok, I admit, I was listing to the country station again! I recently got a new/used car and whoever owned it before me paid for XM radio. So I get to enjoy XM until that runs out. :0) I set a few of my favorite stations that range from Rock (heavy to classic), some old R&B to a tad of techno, a touch of classical, a sip of coffeehouse, to good old country. I like a little bit of everything in my life, keeps things interesting! Despite the fact good old country station repeats the songs over and over again, I stay on the country station a little longer than the others. Anyhow, striking a chord today with Zac Brown Band's song Knee Deep.



I've been feeling a little blue lately. I love someone very deeply that is an active alcoholic. Some days are easier than others. There are days that we can be in the same place, but be so far away from each other. The loneliness can be unbearable at times. As the song proclaims that the sunshine will wash away my blues, I instantly go to one of my "happy" places, as corny as that might sound. I love the beach, any beach that I can relax, smell the ocean, and watch the animals in the air, land, or water. I love the sun and it truly does help wash away blue thoughts that cloud my mind. The chorus makes me smile, as I close my eyes I can feel the tension fall from my shoulders as the breeze off the ocean blows my hair away from my face. The needless worries that plague my heart wither away as I feel the soft sand between my toes as the sun warms my skin. Indeed I can feel happy and high on life when I'm sitting on the beach. I carry this feeling with me when I'm no where near the beach, but I can vividly remember each of the elements this song states as something important to me. When I can completely immerse myself with these beautiful memories and look within, I've found my key to paradise. Ahhh, it's a little piece of heaven to take a deep breath and find that peace. My program has helped me find that hope and serenity in the middle of a blue storm.

What is your key to paradise?

3 comments:

  1. That was fun! :-)

    I grew up on Country music and although it's not "cool" to listen to it now, I still indulge when no one else is around. :-)

    I am sorry you are having a hard time. Music does help. I agree. I am slowly rediscovering that listening to music is great therapy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tari! Music is amazing in so many ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zac Brown is good. Heard them live at the Windjammer on the Isle of Palms. Great band.

    My key to paradise is peace within. When I am at peace with myself, all is well with the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.