Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 6: Animals

These photos are from my birthday several years ago spent at the local Wildlife Zoo with my family and friends. I remember this birthday being one of my favorites. It was a beautiful day in December and all the wildlife was out being active and enjoying the beautiful day.

Monkeys are my favorite to sit and watch for hours. However, I wasn't able to capture any great photos of the monkeys that day.










I noticed when I share my story, I hardly ever mention the piece that I played the Matyr role for a long time. I thrived on the attention and pity from others. This role caused me to not take responsibility for my actions and to be affected by anything and everything that occurred around me! Those pity parties were abundant both by myself as well in the presence of anyone that would sit still long enough for me to share my sorrows and complaining of how rough my life was. I'm grateful those friends and family stuck by my side as I walked that part of my journey! Looking back it appears I enjoyed bathing in my own pain. That might have worked to help me survive then, but it's not worth the price today. Life is to beautiful and I don't want to miss a single wonderful opportunity that may become available to me through my spiritual growth.

"... the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not our circumstances."  Martha Washington

1 comment:

  1. I don't want to miss a single wonderful opportunity either. And I don't want to keep people away with my self-pity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.