Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Miracles

I was reflecting today on the many wonderful miracles and a few challenging pieces of last weekend. I'd like to share a few of those with you.

* There were several moments where tempers flared and words were harsh with cruel tones. True miracles were at hand that helped each of us get through those few moments. Those that lost their temper were able to recover quickly and apologize for their actions. I'm in awe of the awareness that is happening on a daily basis around me!
* Each day that passes I am finding a new found compassion and love for H. It's a fascinating combination of "starting" over but not forgetting our long history together. I never in a million years would have thought our relationship would have evolved into what we have today. Truly a miracle. By no means is it perfect, but happiness and love is becoming more common than anything else. Amazing what awareness, acceptance, and action can do for a marriage and relationship.
* The strength of willingness that we both have today helps each of us pull the other out of the holes that we trip into each day. It's a daily awareness of our behaviors and then taking steps to own up and admit if that behavior has become unacceptable at any moment. Which we both have a tendency to fall back into that unacceptable behavior from time to time. I can't tell you what a relief it is lately when H realizes his behavior has become unacceptable and then makes amends almost immediately. I've been stunned speechless quite a bit lately with this new healthy behavior from H. It's not just with me but with others! Watching the awareness and the willingness mix together in a healthy way by H, makes me smile and warms my heart. It's watching the miracles of my own recovery program working through others.
* H & I planned an afternoon with my Sister and her boyfriend at the race track. I love those Gr0up0n coup0ns! It was my first time to the track, hard to believe, but true. We had a VIP table just past the finish line! Great view of the track and the section where the jockeys mount the horses before each race. Horses are magnificent animals of grace and speed as they fly down the dirt track! It was a beautiful cloudy and slightly chilly day for the races. H & I are not big gamblers; however, we gave it a shot at a couple of the races and actually left with some extra $$. Overall the day was an amazing experience! Great company who I love dearly, we all dressed up for the occasion, beautiful weather, good food, watched amazing horses and their jockeys race with passion for the sport! The only a few things were missing... the opportunity to be down with the horses and a big floppy hat. :0)
* We finished and submitted our taxes. I don't believe we have ever owed this much on our taxes before. **sigh** It's done and we will take measures to balance it back out for next year. We strive to break even and have been successful for many years.

Here are some photos from the day at the Track! Enjoy!



 Escorts, I think this would be a fun job!

Horses & Jockeys warming up for the first race of the day.

Beautiful!

Number 3 stayed in the front of the pack the entire race...

and won!

The 3rd race, horse 3, I bet $3. Rocky Ice held the lead the entire race!

Winner, winner! Chicken Dinner!

The Jockey was pretty happy and so was I!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt happy for you and that made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to get past those harsh words and to realize when what I have said is wrong. Glad that you had an amazing day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.