Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

I love our Earth and Mother Nature! I did not plant a tree today, as it seems to be recommended in celebration of Earth Day. However, the two trees I planted several years ago are doing really well in our yard. I did work in the garden this morning with the girls as my supervisors. So I feel that not only today, but everyday I give back to our Earth and respect her the best I can.




I have a handful of sewing projects going right now and was able to start a couple of them last night. Working on a tote/purse for a friend and a baby blanket for another friend. I don't have a photo yet of the tote/purse, but will share later. Below is the photo of the top of the baby quilt. The quilt is coming along nicely! 



Since it's 102 plus outside this weekend, I'm working on a lot of inside projects! It's a little early for such warm weather, usually it waits until June! I'm hoping it's just a fluke and it will cool back down for the next month. Anyhow, I suppose I'm feeling a little domesticated today, as well. I made meatloaf for lunch for H & me. It made perfect meatloaf sandwiches. In addition, I made some homemade salsa this morning from ingredients from the garden. Only a few items are from the store. It turned out delicious!!





I had the opportunity to attend an amazing speaker meeting yesterday with a dear friend. We drove across town to the meeting, which allowed us to catch up as we haven't really had a chance to see each other. It is such an important part of my recovery to hear others experience, strength, and hope. After the speaker shared their story, it was then a workshop to allow everyone a chance to share what tools they have used that has helped with their recovery! It wasn't what my friend and I were expecting, but turned out to be exactly what we both needed. There were many little nuggets that were shared, but the one that really stuck with me was when someone shared that when she was outside of her comfort zone with something, she would go back to the Traditions to help relate to others. I actually never thought to reach for the Traditions as a tool in that scenario. This will be a good exercise to remember. Not familiar with the traditions yourself, you can view them here.

I hope you have an amazing day!  Did you do anything for Earth day?

1 comment:

  1. That salsa looks amazing. I came back on the boat on Sunday and took photos of the maritime forest as I was cruising. Beautiful trees! The Traditions are a gem if you study them. They do tell us how to relate to others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.