Friday, April 13, 2012

Keep Coming Back!

Keep coming back was the topic in our meeting last night. I thought it was quite appropriate for this week since today is my Al-Anon birthday! The day I walked into these rooms and was handed a newcomer packet, I wrote that date on the packet. I still have that packet with the date and the gal that wrote her number on the front of it. She became my first sponser not long after that. I left that first meeting with hope that things could get better.

My home group doesn't celebrate birthdays; however, I've been to meetings where they do celebrate birthdays. I've seen both where the one celebrating will share their story or their sponsor or someone representing them will share that person's growth from their perspective! Really cool.

I'm a lifer in this amazing program and I will keep coming back!




"Al-Anon is the light that helps me find my way in the dark." Courage to Change

2 comments:

  1. Awesome on your Al-Anon birthday! It is too bad that your group does not celebrate birthdays because god knows, our journey is not always easy.

    I was reading your comment about photography on Tabitha's blog. You may be interested in Miksang. It is a form of contemplative mindful photography.
    http://miksang.com/miksang.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed your birthday. I feel so behind in just about everything, including blogging. Happy belated Al-Anon birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.