Saturday, May 3, 2014

Eerie calmness

I came across the reading below online this morning as I wait for my ride. It is appropriate for me today, really everyday, but particularly this morning. Today is an extremely exciting day for me, yet H has a knack for letting me down. Or in more honestly, that is just my expectations letting me down. H is just being who he knows to be. Dealing with his "stuff" on his own terms in his own ways. I am becoming more and more ok with that. That steady eerie peace of acceptance. I am grateful for the calmness, but it also brings a layer of new sadness. However, on the flip side with that sadness is also a layer of relief which releases that judgment, criticism or condemnation towards H of not being what I felt I needed him to be or want him to be. I am getting there, one step at a time. 






1 comment:

  1. I do my best to have compassion for others, even when I am on my last nerve. I think about my character defects and how difficult it has been for me to give some of them up to my HP. Who am I to judge others? Hope you are doing well. Sorry to have been so long in commenting here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.