Friday, May 2, 2014

A Grateful heart is a Happy heart

Al-Anon has given me the gift of finding who I was, who I am today and who I want to be moving forward. This program has giving me the courage and the strength to take the power of my life back. To find, and remind, myself of the things that bring me joy to my heart. One of the things I love is to travel and experience new things. I have had the fortunate chance to do both of those!

When I look back I was deeply affected by the family disease. I held great pride in the illusion of control over my active alcoholic. I thought I could change him. That treacherous journey through insanity drove me to my knees, left a hole in my heart, extinguished any serenity, shackled my soul, and blinded me of any type of happiness to live a full life.

One step at a time, and one day at a time this program helps me learn that I need to do my footwork to help rebuild my heart with love and compassion, re-light my serenity, unlock the chains of the family disease of alcoholism and free my soul, and most importantly showed me the path to find the happiness from within myself. Each of these is an important step in the right direction of living a full life of being ME! Thank goodness I am a work in progress!
My heart is filled with gratitude. A Grateful heart is a Happy heart. 



1 comment:

  1. Yes, gratitude helps me to remember that I am a lucky fellow. I love my wife and have a lot of other things to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.