I had to open this up to more than one person! I have a lot of wonderful people that have blessed my life, some are still in my life and others have either moved on or have passed away. Each of them will hold a very special place in my heart.
Again, digging through old photos I found this photo that captured three of the most important people that have inspired me over the years. My beautiful Mom, amazing and always full of laughter, my Dad, and my Granny (Great-Grandmother). Granny was 90 years old in this photo. She use to fly out every winter, to get away from the snow to stay with my Grandpa & Grandma. I loved spending time with her. We would paint, sew, do crafts, go explore the desert, and sometimes just sit and listen to her stories. If I remember correctly, this was one of the last years she flew out. Then we all started traveling back to see her in the mid-west to brave the snow. She was an amazing woman! I still haven't meet anyone that is a better story teller than Granny. She was courageous, ornery, hilarious, intelligent, creative, loving, and a no bullshit kind of gal! I remember in her later years, she would be sad that she outlived both of her sons, her husband, and all of her siblings. Even though she had her grand-kids, great-grand kids, grand nieces, and great-grand nieces, she did feel alone. She lived by herself until she was 100 years old. Although, she ALWAYS had visitors, she was loved by many. Then she moved into a assisted living home until she passed away at 103. I pray for the strength, humor, and love my Granny faced the world with for so many years. I also hope I get that gorgeous white hair when I'm older!
In grade school, I can remember having to write papers on my hero or favorite person. I never hesitated who I would write about it. It was either my Mom or Dad or both. They are amazing parents that have always been supportive and loving in anything that I've wanted to do. Even if they felt it wasn't a good idea. Sometimes they would share their concerns with a choice I wanted to make and majority of the time, I went forward with that choice anyways. They let me stumble and fall as I needed too, but were always there for me as I picked myself back up. I love their humanness and grateful for so many things that they taught me and the unconditional love they always have for me. My love has only grown stronger for them as the years go by. In fact, as I learn more about myself and about my parents of what they went through growing up, I have a new found love and compassion for each of them. They both willingly made many sacrifices for my sister and I, and I'm eternal grateful for everything they have and do today.
Again, digging through old photos I found this photo that captured three of the most important people that have inspired me over the years. My beautiful Mom, amazing and always full of laughter, my Dad, and my Granny (Great-Grandmother). Granny was 90 years old in this photo. She use to fly out every winter, to get away from the snow to stay with my Grandpa & Grandma. I loved spending time with her. We would paint, sew, do crafts, go explore the desert, and sometimes just sit and listen to her stories. If I remember correctly, this was one of the last years she flew out. Then we all started traveling back to see her in the mid-west to brave the snow. She was an amazing woman! I still haven't meet anyone that is a better story teller than Granny. She was courageous, ornery, hilarious, intelligent, creative, loving, and a no bullshit kind of gal! I remember in her later years, she would be sad that she outlived both of her sons, her husband, and all of her siblings. Even though she had her grand-kids, great-grand kids, grand nieces, and great-grand nieces, she did feel alone. She lived by herself until she was 100 years old. Although, she ALWAYS had visitors, she was loved by many. Then she moved into a assisted living home until she passed away at 103. I pray for the strength, humor, and love my Granny faced the world with for so many years. I also hope I get that gorgeous white hair when I'm older!
In grade school, I can remember having to write papers on my hero or favorite person. I never hesitated who I would write about it. It was either my Mom or Dad or both. They are amazing parents that have always been supportive and loving in anything that I've wanted to do. Even if they felt it wasn't a good idea. Sometimes they would share their concerns with a choice I wanted to make and majority of the time, I went forward with that choice anyways. They let me stumble and fall as I needed too, but were always there for me as I picked myself back up. I love their humanness and grateful for so many things that they taught me and the unconditional love they always have for me. My love has only grown stronger for them as the years go by. In fact, as I learn more about myself and about my parents of what they went through growing up, I have a new found love and compassion for each of them. They both willingly made many sacrifices for my sister and I, and I'm eternal grateful for everything they have and do today.
There are more inspirational people in my life, but I'll save that for another day.
"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your granny lived to be very old. I can imagine that she did feel lonely. She was the last one standing.
ReplyDelete