I had a strange dream last night. Since we moved into our house, many years ago, I have this reoccurring dream, but it sort of progressed into something new last night.
First a little history. I've always been someone that tries to be prepared for any situation. I suppose that is the Girl Scout in me. Also, I'm sure this characteristic played a role in helping me delve right into the family disease of alcoholism and possibly over think EVERYTHING! But that's another blog post. I have one of those small purses that has everything in it that you could possibly need. Then a larger "bag" that is left in the car with any other essentials that might come in handy when I'm not home. Over kill, probably, but I've had situations where it was nice having those items available.
A little more history, that will tie into my dream and might be a little controversial for some. Take what you like and leave the rest, my friends. Growing up my Dad was a qun smithy for many years. So I grew up with quns. I know a lot of people that don't like quns and don't want anything to do with them. That is their choice and I respect that. What I don't understand are those that are afraid of a qun, with no reason. I completely understand the uncomfortableness around one. For me that uncomfortableness is simply my ignorance of not knowing how that specific machine works. Education is the key. Don't be afraid, educate yourself. Doesn't mean you have to own one or use one, but understand and have a respect for them. Just my two sense.
I did go to the shooting range recently with a few of my girlfriends on Ladies Night. It was free for ladies and an awesome opportunity for woman to education and familiarize themselves with how a qun works.
Now the dream... I hear a strange noise or crashing of one of the windows in the house. I'm instantly awake. The dogs are barking hysterically. I hear more stumbling as the intruder walks through the house. I grab for my weapon that is loaded. I tip toe to the door of my bedroom and hear the dogs going crazy! I try to get a glimpse of the intruder, when I yell, "Who is there? You better get out of my house!!" Then I hear swearing as the dogs are nipping at the intruder, a qun shot, and one of my dogs whimpering. Then the intruder yells back at me, "I'm going to kill you b*$%^!" That is the point that the dream took a new turn. The intruder has never screamed back at me. Nor has one of my dogs been injured in this dream. It was always a scenario of what if... they come through that door or that window, what will I do, say, or my plan of action to escape. Never has it moved forward this far. Well, it didn't stop there.
When he screamed he was going to hurt me AND I knew one of my dogs was dieing or dead. I ran into the room the intruder was in and fired my weapon at him. I vaguely felt that he had fired his weapon as well, and I didn't realize till later in the dream that I had been hit in the arm. The rest of the dream was in a strange slow motion but still very vivid. I grabbed my cell phone and dialed 911. At the same time I grabbed my dog that was shot, screaming at the other two to follow me into the backyard. I then proceeded to talk to the 911 person to let her know what happened. At the same time putting the two puppies that were alive and very upset into the dog run outside, so they wouldn't get in the way when the cops arrived. Then I sat down hard on the pool decking in the back yard with my dog in my lap crying my eyes out!! I was not able to talk to the 911 dispatcher anymore, but I remember them still being on the phone. I keep saying, he was going to kill me and he hurt my baby until the cops got there.
Let me tell you, it was an intense dream!!!! Perhaps it was a nightmare? On top of all this, I really haven't been dreaming a lot lately and in the past I was one that dreamed just about every night. So to have a dream that felt so real and remember every detail, was a little strange.
I will say that I have never (knock on wood) had a home invasion, so it's not out of fear from a past experience. I do feel home invasions happen more than people realize. Therefore, I know for myself I want to be as prepared as possible and hope that if it does ever happen, I have time to take action to protect myself and my family.
Despite feeling "real" maybe there is an underlining message waiting for me in this dream.
Now, of course, I did a search on what a possible interpretation might be of this dream! I always find these "interpretations" fascinating. Although I take ALL of the information with a grain of salt.
Some examples I pulled off of several "dream interpretation" websites. Food for thought.
First a little history. I've always been someone that tries to be prepared for any situation. I suppose that is the Girl Scout in me. Also, I'm sure this characteristic played a role in helping me delve right into the family disease of alcoholism and possibly over think EVERYTHING! But that's another blog post. I have one of those small purses that has everything in it that you could possibly need. Then a larger "bag" that is left in the car with any other essentials that might come in handy when I'm not home. Over kill, probably, but I've had situations where it was nice having those items available.
A little more history, that will tie into my dream and might be a little controversial for some. Take what you like and leave the rest, my friends. Growing up my Dad was a qun smithy for many years. So I grew up with quns. I know a lot of people that don't like quns and don't want anything to do with them. That is their choice and I respect that. What I don't understand are those that are afraid of a qun, with no reason. I completely understand the uncomfortableness around one. For me that uncomfortableness is simply my ignorance of not knowing how that specific machine works. Education is the key. Don't be afraid, educate yourself. Doesn't mean you have to own one or use one, but understand and have a respect for them. Just my two sense.
I did go to the shooting range recently with a few of my girlfriends on Ladies Night. It was free for ladies and an awesome opportunity for woman to education and familiarize themselves with how a qun works.
Now the dream... I hear a strange noise or crashing of one of the windows in the house. I'm instantly awake. The dogs are barking hysterically. I hear more stumbling as the intruder walks through the house. I grab for my weapon that is loaded. I tip toe to the door of my bedroom and hear the dogs going crazy! I try to get a glimpse of the intruder, when I yell, "Who is there? You better get out of my house!!" Then I hear swearing as the dogs are nipping at the intruder, a qun shot, and one of my dogs whimpering. Then the intruder yells back at me, "I'm going to kill you b*$%^!" That is the point that the dream took a new turn. The intruder has never screamed back at me. Nor has one of my dogs been injured in this dream. It was always a scenario of what if... they come through that door or that window, what will I do, say, or my plan of action to escape. Never has it moved forward this far. Well, it didn't stop there.
When he screamed he was going to hurt me AND I knew one of my dogs was dieing or dead. I ran into the room the intruder was in and fired my weapon at him. I vaguely felt that he had fired his weapon as well, and I didn't realize till later in the dream that I had been hit in the arm. The rest of the dream was in a strange slow motion but still very vivid. I grabbed my cell phone and dialed 911. At the same time I grabbed my dog that was shot, screaming at the other two to follow me into the backyard. I then proceeded to talk to the 911 person to let her know what happened. At the same time putting the two puppies that were alive and very upset into the dog run outside, so they wouldn't get in the way when the cops arrived. Then I sat down hard on the pool decking in the back yard with my dog in my lap crying my eyes out!! I was not able to talk to the 911 dispatcher anymore, but I remember them still being on the phone. I keep saying, he was going to kill me and he hurt my baby until the cops got there.
Let me tell you, it was an intense dream!!!! Perhaps it was a nightmare? On top of all this, I really haven't been dreaming a lot lately and in the past I was one that dreamed just about every night. So to have a dream that felt so real and remember every detail, was a little strange.
I will say that I have never (knock on wood) had a home invasion, so it's not out of fear from a past experience. I do feel home invasions happen more than people realize. Therefore, I know for myself I want to be as prepared as possible and hope that if it does ever happen, I have time to take action to protect myself and my family.
Despite feeling "real" maybe there is an underlining message waiting for me in this dream.
Now, of course, I did a search on what a possible interpretation might be of this dream! I always find these "interpretations" fascinating. Although I take ALL of the information with a grain of salt.
Some examples I pulled off of several "dream interpretation" websites. Food for thought.
"An intruder in your house
or in your space can mean that you feel someone has compromised your integrity
or invaded your space mentally, emotionally,
or physically.
Seeing an intruder in your dream, represents your feelings of guilt. Consider also what unfamiliar feelings or thoughts may be breaking into your peace of mind.
Seeing an intruder in your dream, represents your feelings of guilt. Consider also what unfamiliar feelings or thoughts may be breaking into your peace of mind.
To see an intruder in
your dream signify feelings of shame and remorse. Take into account any unusual
thoughts and feelings you may be harboring which is taking its toll on your peace
of mind.
An inner fear that is rearing its head in order to be challenged,
processed and released; An invasion of privacy; Something that disrupts your
inner peace.
To dream that you shoot a person with a qun denotes your aggressive
feelings and hidden anger toward that particular person. If the person you
shoot is a stranger, then it indicates that you are rejecting unknown aspects
of yourself that you do not understand.
To dream that someone is shooting you with a qun suggests that you are
experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You may be feeling
victimized in some situation."
I much rather dream about sitting on a beach somewhere with my toes in the sand watching the waves gently break on the sand in front of me OR going for a long horseback ride somewhere in the pine trees. Ah, yes that is more like it! Good Night! Wishing you all Sweet Dreams!
oooh, not a good dream! I have had some pretty crazy dreams. I never know what to make of them, if anything.
ReplyDeleteI have a healthy respect for guns. I don't own one, don't like them really. But that's just me. I know they feed people and protect people. I also know they can be used to hurt people.
so weird, but normal too! I think we all have a recurring dream and not sure what the 'dream interpretations' do except add more mystery! lol When I relax and pray before sleepy time, I dream less or don't remember my dreams, which I like!
ReplyDeleteI used to have this dream that I was in a basement of a house but it was a bank with a vault and spiders came out of the vault and covered the ceiling. that's it and nothing more...
love to read your blogs and comments on mine - thanks for the encouragement!