Sunday, August 21, 2011

Garden Filled with Life

This past week I was out enjoying the beautiful morning while watering my garden. As I was intently inspecting each of my bell peppers, something moved! That is when I noticed there was a horned lizard of some type caught in the bird net I have over my bell pepper plant! We thankfully were able to save him from the netting. The lizard bit my husband several times as he worked on cutting the net off of him. Sharp teeth! I love that my husband and I both have a love and respect for animals. We would of loved to have the lizard stay in the backyard and eat bugs! However, two of dogs are expert lizard hunters and I'm afraid he wouldn't last long in our little habitat. So we decided to release him over near a golf course. He should have a full lifetime of eating bugs. It felt good working as a team that morning to save the horned lizard. 

I really enjoy the wildlife our garden is sharing with us! What do you think this guy is?





3 comments:

  1. I am not a good herpetologist but the Peterson's Guide might have him. He looks a bit on the ill-tempered side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll be darned--look at what I found:
    http://informationaboutlizards.com/types-of-lizards/all-about-the-blue-belly-lizard.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Syd, that is a great article! He was a feisty little guy for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.