Thursday, July 9, 2015

Happy July!

I just can't keep track of time!! This past week zoomed by! Had a nice day off for the Independence holiday, which I took advantage of by taking a trip to California to visit some dear friends. Its a tradition that I plan to continue as long as they will have me. It was a fast trip as usual, but filled my heart and soul to the top with strength and love. I am very grateful for my friends.

Back to reality early Monday and encountered a day crammed with one frustration after another. Then a few personal items that I also allowed to upset me. I freely handed my power over to the craziness of the world. So by evening when I received a message from a local vendor I was loyally using for the last six months, that didn't sit well with me, the camel's back broke. I was livid. I haven't been that anger, for over a year. Anyhow, I let myself be anger. Typed a response, ran it by someone to make sure my voice was beinging heard.  Sent it off, and it was such as relief to feel my acceptance of the situation, found my courage to speak up for what I felt was wrong and state my next plan of action, which involved not using them anymore. Very empowering! It is hard to describe how far I have come from where I was about 7 or 8 years ago! The blessings and miracles that have occurred after the situation on Monday are beyond what I could of ever imagined!  I'm paying less and something was discovered that needed to be addressed, that I'm not sure the other vendor would of discovered. I look back and smile; I let me be me, feel what I needed to feel, handed what I couldn't control over to my higher power, did my part in what I could change, and let the rest go. Truly amazing.

The new me, is entirely because I have faith in the Al-anon program, faith in my recovery, faith in my higher power, and most importantly faith in myself. I would never be this far without the support and love if the amazing people in the program that have stood by my side, while going thru their own struggles. It is a safe place that helped me create and practice peace and serenity within myself one minute at a time. I'm beyond grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.