Saturday, September 20, 2014

Doggy Heaven


My dear loving, strong willed, poodle boy, JJ (Jesse James Jr.), went to doggy heaven peacefully this past week. I will forever be grateful for his unconditional love and friendship. He always tested his boundaries with us; he was very smart and sometimes even a little defiant!

As the quote shares, “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

I am blessed to have my little man help fill a hole in my heart the last 14 years; he will always have a special place in my heart. You will be missed dearly J-man.

The house has been quiet the last few days. Lots of snuggling with my girls and grieving the lose of another dear family member.

Here a few of my favorite photos of my little man, you will notice where ever the girls where at, you would always find JJ. He was forever vigilant in caring for his family as he watched over his girls 24/7. Many wonderful memories I will hold dear to my heart. JJ is now resting in peace with his mom, Sam, and his dad, Jesse James. Although more likely the three of them are raising hell and causing trouble. **wink**




One of my favorite photos - it was a cold day camping.

More camping, he loved to be outside with his people

My young pups many years ago

He loved to snuggle with his girls


Headstone at our doggy/cat grave

I found a penny today! Made me smile.

I bought a bouquet of flowers to help the three of us grieve. Even on challenging days don't forget to stop and small the flowers.



3 comments:

  1. I am sorry. Dogs are truly a gift. (Cats, not so much) JJ looked like he was a lot of fun. Poodles usually are. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really sorry. The loss of a dear pet is one of the hardest. They are like children for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.