I love this time of year for many reasons. I am constantly reminded everyday to be grateful for the little things in my life. I did a 30 day photo gratitude list a few years ago. This year I would like to focus on a saying I find for each day that helps me focus on the gratitude in my everyday life. Normally I would put the pressure on myself to do a post everyday when I take on these internal challenges, but I will be gentle with myself and post as I can through this journey.
Several of my friends have been working on shifting their thinking and their actions to "be the change" they want to see. I am very proud of each of them for taking the step to make the changes they want to see in themselves and the world around them. I am grateful to have them in my life. I feel for myself over the last several years I have taken one step at a time each day to make the change and paradigm shift to set my life on a better track. A more loving, positive, and spiritually healthy life. I am grateful for the little miracles each day brings to my heart through the "little" changes I have chosen to make and apply that have brought me peace and serenity in the mist of chaos and the active disease of alcoholism living in my home.
Several of my friends have been working on shifting their thinking and their actions to "be the change" they want to see. I am very proud of each of them for taking the step to make the changes they want to see in themselves and the world around them. I am grateful to have them in my life. I feel for myself over the last several years I have taken one step at a time each day to make the change and paradigm shift to set my life on a better track. A more loving, positive, and spiritually healthy life. I am grateful for the little miracles each day brings to my heart through the "little" changes I have chosen to make and apply that have brought me peace and serenity in the mist of chaos and the active disease of alcoholism living in my home.

I have heard many say they start their day with a half hour of reading, meditating, and journaling before tackling the day. In theory, that would be amazing! However, reality for me I don't always have that time in the morning. Or even more honestly, I don't make the time. **sigh** I do agree starting each day with a grateful heart is important, that can set the tone for my day and effect everything I touch or interact with that day. I do make time in the morning after my workout to water my garden. This helps me pause in my busy day. I can stop my mind from running a hundred miles an hour to enjoy the beauty of my garden. Appreciate the power of patience as each plant works to create veggies to harvest. Knowing I can't tug on each plant to have it grow faster, makes me take a step back and take a deep breath. Then to have the awareness to notice the stubborn weeds that continue to pop up, then take action to pull them to keep the integrity of the garden. Working in harmony with my garden is my way of starting my day with a grateful heart.
How do you start your day to set the tone of gratitude?
I start my day by hugging and kissing my wife, petting the cats on the bed and the dogs who are milling about wanting their heads scratched. And then I do reading of blogs or some writing before I even have a cup of tea or coffee. It helps me to get centered. I say a prayer of thanks to my HP and ask to do God's will this day. I look out at the trees and the land. I start my day in peace that way.
ReplyDelete