Saturday, November 10, 2012

One Day at a Time

I've been working to make the time first thing in them morning to do my daily reading. The quote from Courage to Change did a good job summing up and helping me re-focus before I start the day.

"Today is only a small manageable segment of time in which our difficulties need not overwhelm us. This lifts from our hearts and minds the heavy weight of both past and future." One Day at a Time in Al-Anon

May your heart and mind be open and light today.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! It's been my experience that if I manage to get centered first thing in the morning, then I am less apt to stray and more apt to return quickly to that "in the moment, for the moment" frame of mind. It's amazing how much wisdom can be packed into such a few paragraphs in those daily readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back on the blog! I know it's such a good release for you. Also, appreciate of course, your honest testimonials and willingness to share your day-to-day. I find it helps me feel less "lone-survivor-tossed-on-the-stormy-sea" to read your posts. Loved the meditation from CtC today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking a lot about how time is moving on, the days going faster and faster. But that doesn't make my heart light. So today, I'm going to focus just on it and do my best to stay in this day only with a light heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.