Sunday, January 8, 2012

Seven Is a Good Number

I was invited by my blogger friend, Marcia, over at Things I Think About... to participate in the Versatile blogger award. As I'm fairly new to blogging, I'm not completely sure what this means. However, it seems to be going around the blogger community and I felt it would be a good exercise. I never would of described myself as versatile, until I reviewed the different definitions and actually feel I could embrace the description of myself.

1. I'm beyond terrified of needles; however, I have a tattoo. It's a design my husband drew for me many years ago. It took about 6 years to get the courage up to actually go through with the tattoo. The 30 minute tattoo took 3 hours, because I keep passing out. I truly earned this tattoo.

2. I love to travel. I'm working on breaking down some barriers that have prevented me from not traveling as much as I would like. A few places that are on my radar; anywhere in Scotland, Vancouver, New Zealand, Australia, Caribbean, and more locally Alaska, Michigan, Florida, Oregon, Wyoming, Virginia, and Washington to name a few states that I've never visited or want to go back to explore! I also have a goal to plan, book, and go on my third cruise before 2014.

3. I've always had a strong connection with animals. I grew up in the country with a farm filled with various types of animals. Although I'm partial to horses and dogs, because they bring me a lot of joy, peace, and serenity. I can't image a life without them.

4. I'm a work in progress and proud of that.

5. I'm very loyal and faithful to my friends, family, and husband. Integrity is an important value to my daily life. I'm very grateful to recently learn and be able to apply boundaries to this loyalty and faithfulness with those around me.

6. Being a grateful member of Al-Anon has helped me to strive to live a life that I can keep simple, enjoyable, seek the happiness within, and live in the moment to appreciate my those that are important to me. I'm blessed to have another day to keep practicing these principles as I need to re-read number four as a reminder when number six doesn't go smoothly.

7. The number seven has always been my favorite number. There are a lot of important dates that fall on the 7th.

To my understanding we can invite three of our blogger friends to participate in this exercise; however, it is not mandatory by any means. My dear friend, Brittany, over at My Quest to Save the Animals, has always been an inspiration to me with  her kindness to human kind and animal kind of all walks of life. My little sister, Jo, over at Jo's Meanderings where she shares her love of canning and food. Finally, a friend from the past that I've been able to reconnect with recently, Nicole, over at creative Davis Domestications & Furniture Face-lifts.

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart." Carl Jung

3 comments:

  1. Great list! Thanks for sharing. I don't like needles either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your list too! Mine was more of a series of stories, I guess!

    On the subject of needles... when I was a kid, I could watch. I was so stoic. Now, I have to look the other way. Psst. Whoever invented needles was sadistic, I think!

    Enjoyed that you shared your favorite number. Seven is lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Glad that you are okay after the tattoo experience. I don't mind needles. But I have no desire to have a tattoo. We share the strong connection with animals. I love them more than most people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.