It's
been a mellow week. I've been doing good at taking it easy and just going
with the flow. It's nice when I can keep the stress level low.
- As I sit here typing I am watching JJ, our poodle, falling asleep while trying to stay sitting up. It is quite hilarious as he half catches himself from falling over each time he dozes off. I told him he should go to bed and not wait up for me. He promptly went to bed to lay with my husband! I swear they know what I'm saying! LOL
- This week my husband did a job at an Elks Club like place that was full of older adults sitting around smoking and drinking. He said except for the smoking and drinking, he thought I would really like that place. He was referring to my love of older adults. I have a soft spot in my heart for that generation. There are many reasons. I always enjoyed sitting around and listening to stories of their past and history of family. In a way I suppose I was trying to absorb their experience, strength, and hope. During my college years, it was a passion of mine to help find ways to bridge the gap between generations. Although I didn't make any major break through on that topic or forge a career in that sector, I met some amazing people through my studies. I still feel both ends of the spectrum could learn a lot from each other!
- I'm very grateful there is only one more day of work this week.
- Grateful the dealership figured out that it was only a bad battery in my car. Then fixed it because it's still under warranty.
- Really looking forward to spending quality time this weekend with family and friends!
- Enjoying all the holiday goodies. However, I seriously need to get my motivation in gear to put healthier eating habits into my everyday routine very quickly.
- Noticed that this is the third year in a row, at least that I can remember, that my husband is sick right before or on Christmas.
- At the grocery store tonight the guy bagging my groceries asked if I was ready for the holidays. With a smile, I responded that I was. Continuing to make friendly conversation he asked if I was done shopping for the holidays. Yup, I'm all done. He proceeds to then ask, are you broke now. I sort of giggled and replied, no I did really well this year and stayed in my budget. Then the cashier gal jumped in, you had a budget? I can remember being on the other end of that conversation before my husband and I got our finances into order and made a plan. Setting up boundaries in my marriage was a must in the finance department for my own recovery.
- In the book How Al-Anon Works, I read "We are all experts because of our experience, and we are all beginners because our lives are in a constant state of growth and change." (page 108) I thought to myself, what a powerful statement and so VERY true!! I love coming across nuggets like this to really help put things back into perspective for myself. It is refreshing to see life through this statement. Taking a layer of pressure off during this time of year that I'm ok just the way I am. It also boosts my courage to be proud of the better choices I choose to make today because of what I've learned from my past experiences. I also find it humbling to know I still need, and want, to grow so I can change for the better.
I hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful rest of the month full of whatever holiday you celebrate!
That's all for now. It's time for bed, as everyone else is asleep! I need to get some rest so I can stay healthy.
- As I sit here typing I am watching JJ, our poodle, falling asleep while trying to stay sitting up. It is quite hilarious as he half catches himself from falling over each time he dozes off. I told him he should go to bed and not wait up for me. He promptly went to bed to lay with my husband! I swear they know what I'm saying! LOL
- This week my husband did a job at an Elks Club like place that was full of older adults sitting around smoking and drinking. He said except for the smoking and drinking, he thought I would really like that place. He was referring to my love of older adults. I have a soft spot in my heart for that generation. There are many reasons. I always enjoyed sitting around and listening to stories of their past and history of family. In a way I suppose I was trying to absorb their experience, strength, and hope. During my college years, it was a passion of mine to help find ways to bridge the gap between generations. Although I didn't make any major break through on that topic or forge a career in that sector, I met some amazing people through my studies. I still feel both ends of the spectrum could learn a lot from each other!
- I'm very grateful there is only one more day of work this week.
- Grateful the dealership figured out that it was only a bad battery in my car. Then fixed it because it's still under warranty.
- Really looking forward to spending quality time this weekend with family and friends!
- Enjoying all the holiday goodies. However, I seriously need to get my motivation in gear to put healthier eating habits into my everyday routine very quickly.
- Noticed that this is the third year in a row, at least that I can remember, that my husband is sick right before or on Christmas.
- At the grocery store tonight the guy bagging my groceries asked if I was ready for the holidays. With a smile, I responded that I was. Continuing to make friendly conversation he asked if I was done shopping for the holidays. Yup, I'm all done. He proceeds to then ask, are you broke now. I sort of giggled and replied, no I did really well this year and stayed in my budget. Then the cashier gal jumped in, you had a budget? I can remember being on the other end of that conversation before my husband and I got our finances into order and made a plan. Setting up boundaries in my marriage was a must in the finance department for my own recovery.
- In the book How Al-Anon Works, I read "We are all experts because of our experience, and we are all beginners because our lives are in a constant state of growth and change." (page 108) I thought to myself, what a powerful statement and so VERY true!! I love coming across nuggets like this to really help put things back into perspective for myself. It is refreshing to see life through this statement. Taking a layer of pressure off during this time of year that I'm ok just the way I am. It also boosts my courage to be proud of the better choices I choose to make today because of what I've learned from my past experiences. I also find it humbling to know I still need, and want, to grow so I can change for the better.
I hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful rest of the month full of whatever holiday you celebrate!
That's all for now. It's time for bed, as everyone else is asleep! I need to get some rest so I can stay healthy.
glad it's only your battery and still under warranty! I will be taking mine in next week!
ReplyDeleteWe are all experts and beginners. so true.
Enjoy your Holiday!
PS - I am envious of your kinship with the elderly. I will be one in the not too distant future and yet I have a hard time with them. Something I need to work on!
ReplyDeleteCute photos of the dogs! If only we could all be more like our dogs.
ReplyDelete