Saturday, October 1, 2011
Service Fun!
Today was a full day. I hold the Group Representative (GR) service position for my Al-Anon group, one of my responsibilities is to attend two assemblies a year. The Fall assembly, which was today, was close by and I didn't have to travel to another city in the state. I'm very grateful for that. Another bonus I was able to carpool with two of my Al-Anon friends. It's nice to catch up after the two gals have been away for the summer. At these assemblies, GR's from all over the state gather to share and gather information about functions, growth, and unity in Al-Anon. Again, it's nice to see old friends that I only get to see a couple times of year when we gather for these assemblies. Between catching up and gather all the details, it's a FULL day of information. I'm in awe of the amazing people that coordinate the days events, participate at any level, and many who jump in feet first into service to this program and the miracle that arises out of everyone doing their part. Although there was a lot of information to cover, today ran smoothly and we completed early!
I felt today was a good day. It is empowering to be among people with a common interest and each taking steps to continue our program's growth and unity. Even though none of us are perfect and never will be, we work towards progression every step of the way. Through service I've been able to stretch my spiritual growth to lengths I don't believe I would of accomplished otherwise.
One of my favorite parts of attending the assemblies is hearing others share their story, weaving how volunteering for service has grown their program to help get them where they are today. I want to work towards being a strong speaker like the one's that shared today. It can be very healing and rewarding to help pass on the message of this new way to live.
A lot of information to digest. Another full day tomorrow with family and friends. It's the season of birthdays for our family and the celebration starts tomorrow! A lot to do, but I'm looking forward to it! Night my friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think listening to speakers is inspiring!
ReplyDelete