Monday, October 3, 2011

Apple Snack Squares

As I mentioned, it's a birthday season now through December for our family and friends. I made our family favorite Apple Snack Squares this weekend for my sister's birthday. It's been a while since we've had these goodies.

2 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cup self rising flour*
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cup diced peeled tart apples
1 cup chopped nuts

3/4 cup butterscotch chips

In a bowl, combine sugar, eggs, & oil, mix well. Stir in flour & cinnamon (batter will be thick). Stir in apples & nuts. Spread in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden & a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting 2 dozen.

*note: as a substitute for each cup of self rising flour, place 1 1/2 tsp baking powder & 1/2 tsp salt in a measuring cup add all -purpose flour to equal 1 cup.

Happy Birthday month to my sister! :0) Hope you get to enjoy this goodness!

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year and the good food that is cooked. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and sharing your experience, strength, and hope. I love to read what you have to share. Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it.